Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Yes, me your Mom!


Me, sure is your mom, Earth

and you are my darling children,

but punish you, man, someone will

as reached, you at the sassy peak. 

 

 Proud, greedy, wicked and hard,

 become you have, my human folks.

No thought of shocking upshots,

 which in life will make you stumble.

 

You wound, hurt and hit me highly,

pouring on me no drops of mercy,

you shred my skin eluding edicts

and leave on me wide cut-marks.

 

Wafting wind and swinging twigs

on pretty plants are there for you;

soothing strokes of heavenly rains,

and also, sweet soft avian songs.

 

Raised I flora fine, for glory, 

and fauna too to balance failings.

And listen, what I produce here, 

alike belongs to entire lives.

 

Closing eyes on frequent bloodbaths, 

 quarry and bore and mine in my mass.

Build, you here choice dreamland,

ripping to shreds, my high-rise hills.

 

 I cannot respire, polluted air;

 water dirty, can't sate thirst.

The cruellest act, you do extra, 

trees and plants, you countless fell. 


Chopping greens, leave me shaven

smother me, cars and petrol 

curb my freedom; poisoned I am

Oh! Dying I am, me not mother?

 

Quoting Faiths, you fight a lot

and battle, you for lands with darlings.

Storms, deluges and novel fevers

are only wake-up calls, you rise.

 

Yet, tender seldom you are  

and on being wrecked, linger.

Catatonic become I have,

 endure it, my master couldn't.



Sent He Virus, Corona-named,

a demon with its magic wand.

Demonstrates it, COVID 19

in rude methods, crushing visions.

 

Worry not and get not upset,

think and find a way of relief.

What I have to advise you now, 

 set things right; right now, itself.

12 comments:

  1. Very beautifully written..Mother has only the patience. "Mother Earth" has given us everything. Why should we harm her. Instead we should worship and protect her. It's our duty and responsibility. If things gone beyond her control, do suffer, learn from your experience or otherwise everything will go collapse..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother earth is the best teacher. I hope we will never forget the lessons learned during this pandemic. Somehow life will never be the same again after the pandemic, maybe for a long time. Well written words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent poem . Atleast from now people have to learn to value everything in life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a lovely poem. Though it's about the sad pangs of Mother Earth and how she is longing to come back to life. It's high time we realised that the surroundings are also a part of our existence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written, beautiful array of truthful words...!

    ReplyDelete